GLF Hot Melt Wax
GLF Hot Melt Wax
- GLF chain wax is hand made in small batches in our facility in the Antrim hills, it has been extensively tested on the roads and trails in the beautiful Antrim Glens. The terrain accompanied by infamous Irish weather has tested our product to its limits, our small batch process allowed us to test and adapt to bring you the best possible lubricant.
- 480g of hot melt wax, a blend of waxes optimized for use in bicycle chains and enhanced with tungstenite additive to provide an extremely efficient and long lasting lubricant. Our wax contains no forever chemicals such as PTFE.
- Single application of wax will be sufficient for 300km (200miles) this will be reduced in wet weather or dirty conditions
- A pack of wax should be sufficient to enable approximately 40 chain treatments, this may vary depending on riding conditions, contaminants etc.
- Wax requires melting in a slow cooker to apply, our wax is not suitable for use on hobs or rice cookers as excessive temperatures may damage the wax or cause fires
- To submerge chain in wax and enable agitation in the wax feed chain onto bent wire or use our chain retainer wire, our wire retainer is flexible and easy to handle, has a non stick coating and can be threaded through open links at the end of your chain, this avoids chain rollers from becoming dislodged and remaining in hot wax.
- No more messy chains or solvent cleaning and no chainring tattoos, our wax ensures your drivetrain remains clean, even after 100s of miles
- Chains require full clean and degrease prior to first waxing, subsequent application requires no additional cleaning, simply turn on your wax cooker and place your chain on the wax until it is submerged in wax and allowed to heat
- Once chain has been submerged, simply hang to dry, flex chain to free up links and refit
- NOTE, freshly waxed chains require a break in period of approx 10 mins, do not adjust gears etc during this period. After initial break in your chain will be buttery smooth.
- Full instructions here
Sale Sold out
Regular price £20.00 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per